Importance of Mentorship (IA Summit ’16 Poster) References
About the IA Summit
The IA Summit is one of the most popular UX conferences, held each year since 2000. The 2016 edition was in Atlanta from May 4-8 and the keynote speakers were Cory Doctorow, Léonie Watson, Lisa Welchman, and Jesse James Garrett.
Poster night at the IA Summit is a social event where a variety of topics are presented including case studies and methods. Each presenter creates a poster or activity in advance, and leads a discussion with attendees at poster night.
About the Poster
The poster covers the following areas:
- The myths of mentorship
- The value of mentorship
- Starting a mentoring relationship
- Starting a mentorship program
Here’s a PDF of our poster.
The poster references six articles, presentations, and videos that one may find useful:
- How to Find Your Design Mentor
April 30, 2015 by Nathalie Crosbie
- A Case for Mentorship
June 6, 2011 by Scott Baldwin
- Mentoring the Next Generation of UX Designers
April 14, 2014 by Fred Beecher
- Old Dog? Time to Learn Some New Tricks
December 3, 2014 by Donna Spencer
- This is the Golden Age of Design
Mike Monteiro at Webdagene 2015
- How do we design designers?
November 21, 2014 by Jared Spool